Showalter's Orchard and Old Hill Cider have the following opening:
Sales and Marketing ManagerTHIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Showalter’s Orchard and Greenhouse, LLC DBA Old Hill Cidery is a fast growing agribusiness located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Our hard cidery is ready to launch our artisan ciders into the rapidly growing, trending craft beverage market.
We are seeking a hard working and ambitious person with a special interest in sales and marketing of craft beverages to regional restaurants, gourmet wine shops and other outlets. The sales and marketing manager is responsible for promoting and selling Old Hill Cider, and other products, to wholesale outlets and the public. Being able to adapt and embrace a changing and growing family business environment is essential.
Establishing business relationships, maximizing social media tools for marketing, and planning and coordinating of special events. Being able to adapt and embrace a changing and growing family business environment is essential.
The sales and marketing manager is responsible for promoting and selling Old Hill Cider, and other products, to wholesale outlets and the public. Responsibilities include: establishing sales relationships with restaurants, gourmet wine shops, and other outlets to carry hard cider products, social media marketing, and delivering product.Qualification:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business degree preferred.
1-3 years of marketing and/or sales experience desired.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and social media tools.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Educate the public on hard cider and other products of Showalter's Orchard.
- Launch and maintain social media advertising campaigns.
- Develop sales of cider to regional restaurants, gourmet wine shops and bars.
- Collaborate with proprietors on price schedules and discount rates.
- Collaborate in planning, developing and evaluating marketing strategies and events.
- Direct, participate in and or coordinate activities including wine, cider and or beer festivals, trade shows or other activities involving sales and promotion of Old Hill Cider.
- Provide sales training to staff members on selling techniques.
- Monitor and report customer preferences to proprietors to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Consult with tasting room manager and purchasing to develop merchandising options for types of products or services to be offered.
- Deliver cider and collect payment.
- Assist other departments as necessary including, but not limited to, harvesting, working in the cidery, labeling, etc.
- Train and provide back-up to tasting room manager.
- Represent organization to trade associations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Must be able to operate a passenger vehicle and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to use a GPS navigational device
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Being able to taste and smell critical to field
- Flexible scheduling including occasional overnight travel and evening hours
- Professional appearance and attitude required
Salary + bonus structure
Submit letter of application and resume to:
17768 Honeyville Rd
Timberville, VA 22853
Email: sarah at showaltersorchard.com